I've been meaning to post an update on this particular blog for a while now. And "for a while", I mean for the last week. It's been a nutty time as of late, hence the supreme lack of posts. I just haven't had the time or the energy to be making any real crafts of late -- and those that I do, I haven't really been able to go that extra step forward and write tutorials for them. But that doesn't mean I've been sitting around, marathoning Hotwives of Orlando and doing nothing else (although, seriously, you should check out that show. It's hilarious):
1. For one, the 365 Blog Project is complete. Remember when I decided to attempt a post a day for an entire year? Three hundred, sixty-five posts later, it's complete. I cannot believe I actually got to see this project through to the end, but I'm happy I did. I really have to credit that project with helping me become a better essayist.
2. Speaking of, have you been keeping up on my essays? Primarily through Thought Catalog, but I've been known to get another website or two to pay attention. My latest essay is on the Market Basket situation, which has actually garnered enough attention that I was the 94.9 WHOM in New England yesterday to discuss Market Basket and my writing/modeling career in general.
3. I'm not finished blogging about non-crafting, non-cooking things. I've started a proper, all-encompassing blog by the same name as my Twitter. I usually frown upon blog hopping, because it's usually a sign that you like the idea of writing more than you like actually sitting down and making yourself write, but I wanted to keep my 365 blog nice and uniform. I'm currently doing a two-week fiction bootcamp (aka the 365 Nicorette Patch).
4. My life has been one big yogafest. I finish my formal training in about two weeks, and life has been insane since. I started teaching yoga to the homeless at a homeless services center, which has been incredible. It's definitely no walk in the park, but the reception has been a thousand times warmer than I thought it would ever be. I've also started subbing as a yoga instructor. I still have some more observation and practicum hours to get in before I'm fully "graduated", and I've been zipping all around New Hampshire as a result.
5. I promise I'll get back into the swing of things with this blog. There's a few projects that I just need to kick myself in the butt and write about. And -- as you could probably already tell -- I've been focusing on learning to actually cook. Hopefully now that training is winding down (and I won't be writing in a blog every single day soon), I can actually focus on this blog again!