Sunday, January 8, 2012

Obligatory First Post / About Me

There are three things that stand the test of my ADD: arts & crafts, photography, and my students.  If I’m truly motivated, writing.

I’m a preschool teacher who has recently married, recently moved from Boston to New Hampshire, and recently finished a novel.  For the 3 months up until my wedding, I was planning a wedding, packing up to move, working (more than) full-time as a teacher, taking night courses, planning a Pre-K graduation ceremony (which included making yearbooks in my free time on Snapfish), modeling, apartment-searching, and job-searching. Somewhere in between all of that, I was also editing my manuscript. The result? Once I finished my courses, successfully moved, got married, and found another job, I had all this excess energy that I was used to using on the aforementioned.

The result of that? A reintroduction in the world I love: obsessive craft projects.

I want to use this blog as a quasi-tutorial for my various crafts as well as a place to showcase my photography, my preschool-related activities, and – who knows – maybe even some writing.  I might even use this blog as a place to talk about my publishing misadventures, as I’ve been querying agencies like mad and am continually thinking up a Plan B in terms of establishing myself as a published writer.

Now, if only I can come up with a name I like.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Abby -

    How can I get in touch with you? There is a photo on your blog of a pond in melrose that I wanted to see if we could use for a melrose solar program. Your picture is a nice nature image and we can credit you if we use it. Please let me know.

    John
    John@energysage.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Abby-

    I am a photographer on the North Shore of MA. I recently read your book and I would love to see if we could collaborate on a workshop regarding modeling. Please contact me at greg@wepsPhoto.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips