Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Oh, I Think I'm HILARIOUS

So, for those keeping track, I'm a preschool teaching crafts blogger, model, and writer, on a perilous quest to publish her own book in ebook format (on top of learning to master ice hockey, yoga, & tai chi, and fulfill all the tedious professional development hours required of teachers).

Obviously, I don't have enough on my plate.

So why not unEarth my old YouTube page, wipe away the cobwebs, and start that up again?

Back in 2007, I started ThatBostonChick, which was a one-woman quasi-comedy show, filled with random vlogs and low-budget skits. Somewhere in late 2009/early 2010, my interest in it petered out, and the channel was officially pronounced DOA in March 2011 (when things got really crazy with wedding planning, moving, teaching, classes, etc, etc…)

(If it's not noticeable yet, I pride myself on taking on way more than I can chew.)

This is my first installment back. I honestly filmed it at 7:30 in the morning, after waxing philosophical on how the internet is so welcoming when you're tired, but it doesn't actually wake you up.


You are more than welcome to check out more of my work here. Be forewarned: the camera quality is poor, the humor is college-aged, and I'm a one-tricky pony when it comes to acting. But I can't hate on my youthful years on YouTube too much. Thanks to YouTube, I've been able to take part in a small handful of local short films and improv shows (and I am actually in talks with a director to be part of a feature-length indie film, slated to film in December, fingers crossed). I even got a few modeling gigs because they saw my page and decided they "wanted a model with some character to her."

Now, if I could pencil in filming and editing videos somewhere between waking up and the rest of my life, I'll be all set.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips