Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Try It Tuesday: Upcycle Your Mayonnaise Jar

I buy my shampoo in supreme bulk. And, really, why not? Shampoo is relatively expensive, it's something I use every day, and its shelf life is absurdly long. The only drawback is that the gallon+ jugs don't exactly fit on my tiny shampoo shelf.

However, most containers for condiments are the perfect shampoo bottle size. Instead of tossing them into my recycling bin, I ran the jars through the dishwasher a few times (on top of initially rinsing them out) and filled them up with shampoo. Most bulk-sized shampoo containers come with a hand pump, which makes things a thousand times easier to transfer the shampoo to the smaller containers (although it does make you feel like you're playing a Minute to Win It game).

Most labels these days seem to be superglued to the container. You can either attempt to get them off with a scrub brush and Gu-Gone, or you can go down the smartass path like myself and just go at the label with a Sharpie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips