Thursday, January 10, 2013

Papardelle & Capers Alfredo Dinner

When I was in college, I'd mix in straight-from-the-jar Alfredo sauce with spaghetti and call it a well-cooked meal. Oh, how the times have changed.


It's crazy how a few extra ingredients can completely transform a meal.


For this meal, I got:
1 Package of Pappardelle (this is the gluten-free version from Trader Joes, which is fantastic)
1 Jar of Alfredo Sauce
1/2 of a Lemon
1/2 a jar of Capers.


1. While the water is boiling mix in the jar of Alfredo sauce with 1/2 of a lemon and 1/2 a jar of capons. Let it simmer on low heat for at least 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.


2. Cook the Pappardelle for 10-12 minutes, drain and rinse.


3. Serve with some delicious Parmesan and sourdough.


This meal is incredible. I seriously don't think I can have straight Alfredo sauce ever again. The capers and the lemon complement each other perfectly. This dish is delicious! And, like my wedding colors, as I was babbling to my husband about how amazing lemon is with capers, my husband revealed that it is incredibly common to have both lemons and capers in a meal.


Well, then. Before you know it, I'll be accidentally inventing algebra. Y'know, if I were any good at math.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips