Sunday, October 7, 2012

Lock and Key Pearl Necklace

A while ago, I bought some key charms as part of my DIY charm bracelet, knowing I'd have some extra key charms left over. I have a fixation on key necklaces. For this project, I decided to combine this fixation with my fixation on pearl necklaces.

For this, I got out: my pliers, my wire cutters, pearl beads, jump rings, toggle/loop, beading wire, and the charms.

I first cut about 6 inches of chain and attached the lock and key charms to the center of the chain, with one chain link separating them.

Using my pliers, I twisted the beading wiring around one end of the chain. After I feebly got the wire on the chain, I beaded the wire, occasionally bringing it up to my neck to see how long I wanted it. Remember that the toggle/loop will add about an inch of length to the necklace.

Once I got the desirable length, I fed the beading wire through the loop of the toggle and twisted the wire in place. I lathered, rinsed, and repeated on the other side. I went through the meticulous task of counting how many beads were on the right side and copying the same number on the left.

The end result?


I also made a super-simple chain necklace with one of the remaining key charms. This one was so simple that I didn't even take pictures of the process. After connecting one of my extra split rings (which I got on accident long, long ago) onto a chain, I slid one of the charms onto the chain and attached a lobster clasp to the other end.

I think I have too many necklaces.

Nonsense. No such thing.

2 comments:

  1. I think you`ll never have too many necklaces :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW.. great post
    I have never imagined this type of pearl necklaces can be exist.
    Its good to see this type of post, and it very very informative.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips