Friday, December 14, 2012

Photo Friday: The Problem With The Common Camera

As I've mentioned before, I decided to go full-on manual about 6 or so months back. While I'm still trying to find my footing, I absolutely love being able to control, to some extent, how my pictures turn out. When I flew out to my brother-in-law's wedding, I decided to keep my DSLR at home, since it was bulky and we were already bringing extra luggage thanks to the wedding and Christmas presents. Besides, my point-n-shoot was fairly advanced. Surely that would be enough, right?


Wrong.


It's safe to say that this will be the last time I'm without my DSLR by my side. I can't handle machines trying to be smarter than me (I'm looking at you, Skynet). From white balance to exposure, the point-n-shoot could never really get it right. However, that didn't mean I didn't have a little fun and trick my camera when I could. The result? Some interesting photos that look like someone had been trying to film a night scene in the daytime, like every music video in 2000.

(Really, music video directors, you were not fooling anyone. The sunlight was reflecting off of everyone's skin!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips