Friday, November 1, 2013

Photo Friday: Mount Monadnock

And we go from the Sierra Nevada all the way back to the Appalachians. Kind of. One of the mountains in the Appalachians.


On Memorial Day Weekend, the weekend after I put in my notice at the school I was working at, I finally reached the summit of Mt. Monadnock. It's adorable in comparison to the other mountains of America. Monadnock caps out at about 3,500 ft. The top spot available by road in Estes Park was 12,000 ft. But I was proud that I finally climbed an entire mountain to the top. Somehow, the view from Mt. Monadnock was just as spectacular as the view from the Rockies, if only because I got there through my own blood and sweat (and because I went there before our road trip).









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips